[nagdu] Getting a urine sample

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Feb 26 14:11:11 UTC 2011

Failed again!  I tried the pan-on-a-stick method this morning, but I
bumped Ben's paws, and he stopped.  I had meant for my husband to do the
sliding trick, but Ben was getting anxious with him following him around.
Of course, in hindsight, I see things I could have done differently.
I've tried Cindy's bucket-under-the-faucet approach, too, but with an
equal lack of success.  I hate for the vet to do the sterile method.  She
did once, and it seemed to upset Ben quite a bit, and I don't really blame
him.
Maybe I'll have to practice several times a day, and then at last I'll be
able to get the morning sample the vet wants.  What a pain!
We did this before, and it was easy, but this time is proving much more
difficult.
Tracy