[nagdu] Strategies For Dealing With Mental Midgets

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 15:46:41 UTC 2011

Doug,

Oh, yeah, with the camera!  I don't currently have one either, but it is on
the list for just that purpose.  Also to hope to catch the abusive behavior
of the fine folks at OCB...  Like you say, a picture -- or better yet, a
nice video -- says it all.

I don't use a whistle, but I have considered taping Daisy hound's sonic
blasts to play for people.  /lol/  That 5-mile bark of hers close up goes
right through your skull bones at close range!

Mostly, though, I fall back on my 'tude.  The right stance and eye contact
(or close to it), combined with a level, slightly inflected tone and precise
courtesy in phrasing, with a very cool, correct smile does wonders with
morons, who just can't cope.  Also, the person who is trying to push my
buttons can see the expressions of onlookers, so that helps my case, too.
/evil grin/

I don't really understand the psychology of such people, but they seem to be
bullying, and I've always detested bullies.  By refusing to give them what
they want, though, whatever that is, I can put myself in control of the
situation and my ownself and my own dog, so that eventually the bully will
be the one to cease and desist or at least not escalate.  Operant
conditioning 101, I guess.  /smile/

Tami Smith-Kinney