[nagdu] teaching dogs to ignore attention

James Brown jbrown321 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 4 20:23:59 UTC 2011

    I'm still a rookie handler, but I have a masters in psych, so I do have
some knowledge of how to train behavior.

Recreate the environment you want to simulate by recruiting a person to try
and distract the dog inside the environment in question.  For example, if
the pup has a problem with kids, get a kid to try and knock the dog off his
game when working; then reward for desired behavior and correct for negative
behaviors.

Good luck,
JB