[nagdu] work. school. energy and time

Doug Parisian eggmann at mts.net
Fri Jan 7 14:09:04 UTC 2011

Gosh, looking at all this free-floating anxiety about training with a dog
guide makes me feel like I have something wrong with me.  Other than my
first few days getting my first dog at TSE way back in 1977, I've found all
my experiences (five so far) to be more like a real great holiday--no meals
to cook, nothing to clean, didn't even have to make my bed though after 12
years of blind school imprisonment this is a built-in action, no shopping,
new people on whom to inflict my strange sense of humour, the fun of coming
together with a new dog--and I've probably missed something.

As for working while on my various holidays, I ran a business through a
combination of email and colling cards, probably averaging about 4 hours a
day in terms of total working time.

My only frustration about my training experiences was the constant whining
and complaining from that select few who did little more than complain about
their dogs, could get lost in their own rooms, complained about a total
walking time of at the very most 3 hours a day, etc etc etc

Doug: we're all goin' on a summer holiday...