[nagdu] what do you do with your dog when you go away?

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 21 18:41:45 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone:

Thank you for all your interesting thoughts on the topic. I'm still waiting to hear back from my school about their thoughts but I think my manager will win out. I was worried about her possibly having to go away in May around the time I'm away since her daughter is expecting their first child but she said they'd just take Bogart along in the Trailer with the other to dogs if the baby came early. I will ask my school if they have some rules or directions they give to their puppy raisers  and that might be good to help direct whoever looks after Bogart. I can explain the rules but also giving her something official might help. The short trip in February will be good to see how it goes for Bogart and for Rita. :) If he does well with them then he can stay there for the march trip and the may trip. I'll probably find a way to take him to Montreal.

Normally my life isn't quite this crazy but it's just the way schedules came down this spring.

For those who are interested, yes I do play blind ice hockey. The website for the Vancouver team, called the Eclipse, is www.vancouvereclipse.ca  the site is fairly new so I'm not sure if there are links there yet to blind hockey canada but there should be a link to courage canada  whose founder is really driving the development of a national blind ice hockey program in Canada. I've been playing for at least 25 years so am enthused about these new developments. If anyone has any hockey questions please feel free to email me off list at g.steeves at shaw.ca

Cheers
Gary