[nagdu] all day in an office

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Wed Jan 26 01:09:28 UTC 2011

Hi Julie,
I have worked exclusively in an office setting with all 3 of my guides, and
have had no problem at all.  Of course, with all 3 guides having been labs,
they do enjoy their beauty sleep/smile!  The only real problem I encountered
was with this last girl, Misha, who within the first week, ripped her bed to
shreds.  Now, she just sleeps.  We do go out for walks at lunch, and of
course her potty breaks.  Being in an office setting, there is also a
tendency to have to work overtime, so I always make sure to have an extra
pack of food for her.  One of the things my employer did provide though,
which was and has been wonderful with all 3 of my guides, is a general
relief, e. g. parking area!  I do bring her in with me when I do meet
clients face to face, and it is never a problem.  On occasion though, if you
do bring your guide into these face to face meetings, ask ahead if they have
any difficulties with dogs as some persons are deathly afraid while others
have allergies...at least this has been my experience.  I can't think of
anything else at this time, but if you want to chat more, just flip me an
email.  I have changed my provider and now have a new email address;
blinddog3 at charter.net.

All for now, and HTH,
Steve & the rather laid back Misha