[nagdu] All day in an office

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Jan 27 13:49:45 UTC 2011

Benny has a man-cave under my desk.  He's got his blanket there, and he
loves his cave so much I have trouble getting him to come out.  It's a big
desk, so he has lots of space down there.

I hooked a tie-down to itself and put it around the leg of my chair, then
attached another tie-down to the snap to give it more length.  Ben hasn't
needed it for years, but Echo and Amba preferred to lie beside my desk,
where they could look out of my cube and watch the world.  Amba liked to
go investigate people's trash, so I usually kept her on tie-down, as I
recall.

I try to go for a walk at lunchtime, when the weather is good, but often
I'm too busy at work to get away for long.  I make a real effort to get in
a long walk after work, so Ben and I both get some much-needed exercise.
I haven't done it lately though, since it's been so cold and snowy.  Benny
is disappointed.  We come out of the office, and he points firmly in the
walking direction, and then I have to get him to turn around and go in the
bus direction.  We're both eager for spring to come.
Tracy