[nagdu] For those who know Irwin Hott

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Mon Jan 31 16:38:40 UTC 2011

I know some of you on this list may know Irwin from the Newsreel. He's been
a friend since I moved to Columbus in 1986.

Pets Are Killed In Columbus Fire Marked With Heavy Smoke
Northridge Fire
Credit: NBC 4
Firefighters were unable to save several pets from this Northridge Road
home.
By Lauren Evans
Published: January 30, 2011
> 0 Comments

Post a Comment
vote now
Buzz up!
COLUMBUS, Ohio --
Firefighters rescued 2 guinea pigs from a smoke-filled house on the
northeast side
Sunday, but several other pets were killed in the fire.
It was reported around 3 p.m. at 1540 Northridge Road.
A fire department officer
 told NBC4
 that heavy smoke and flames were coming out of the rear of the single-story
house
when firefighting units pulled up.
A neighbor says the owner had just left.
That neighbor also said the homeowner was legally blind.
The owner returned while firefighters worked to put out the fire and was
seen sitting
in a car with a service dog.
But
a fire spokesman
 said that 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 birds died in the house before they could
be retrieved.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
The
Red Cross
 is assisting the owner in finding shelter and replacing some necessary
items that

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com