[nagdu] . Restaurant Turns Away Diners For Having Too Many ServiceDogs.

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 18:56:33 UTC 2011

Hm... Isn't that part of the reasoning behind the tactic I've heard of
others using of standing your ground and refusing to allow your rights
to be violated until the other party calls the cops on the guide dog
user(s)? That's the Plan B i tend to keep in mind less Plan A --
bareface your way through it -- fails to succeed. /smile/ I have also
heard that how that one actually turns out has a lot to do with the
police department in question and their feelings about whether they
should enforce tsome stupid law that only applies to blind people and
their kind. Sigh. I bear that flaw in that tactic in mind now that we do
so much travel back into the hinterlands on family business 'cuz I knows
how them there country cops think.  So I dutifully review Plan C and
feel very unhappy about how much of my time and energy that's going to
take up, along with money, no doubt, unless I decide to just cave and
let them keep violating my rights and everybody's rights who comes along
because I'm just trying to live my life here and stopped in for a bottle
of water because I was tirsty. Since I can't make myself that unaware of
how much of the same many others have sacrificed so that I can actually
just expect to pop into a corner store with my guide fo a bottle of
water or two, I'm not sure I could live with myself for being a woos.
Hope I never find out what I'm made of, honestly.

I can always hope the police department and the officers who respond
care to know the law and enforce it instead of making it up in a way
that suits them. /smile/