[nagdu] Guidedog Schools

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Mon Jul 11 16:32:08 UTC 2011

Also, you'll have a lot to do adjusting to the new dog and the new dog adjusting to you once class is over.
I say this because while you can still go home and hang with your friends, getting a dog isn't like "Pop out cane, insert dog" with no transition time.  You will be going from one mobility device to a very different mobility device.  You will need to adjust physically and emotionally. The dog will do the same.  And, your friends will also need to adjust. Some will, some won't, and some will act, say and feel one way, only for you both to discover something else entirely.