[nagdu] Welcome home from convention

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:56:42 UTC 2011

I enjoyed the convention as well and think that the various doggies
did very well too. I did come across several accidents in the hotel on
my way out to the relief area close to the sleeping rooms. In each
case though, there were people nearby and directing traffic. Sometimes
there was even hotel people directing traffic. I was pleased with how
my designer dog (Gucci for anyone new to the list), did with the
crowds and going to and from general session. She didn't like the
exhibit hall too much, and even tried to guide me out of there before
I was ready. For the most part though, she did great, and even more
when she picked up on our most frequent traveled routes. Just like the
blind folk with canes, it took my dog and I'd guess other guides,
several days to learn where everything was. I suppose we had better
get used to that hotel, since for those that haven't heard, the
contract for that hotel as our HQ convention hotel was renewed. In
other words, the convention will be in that hotel in Orlando from
2013-2018. Hopefully by 2015 we will all have learned our way around,
:)

Wayne and Gucci, the designer dog, :)