[nagdu] Guide dog Schools

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 20:14:00 UTC 2011

I think, sit down and figure out what you want.  There are things that are
of vital importance to me, including follow up services and contact with my
dog's puppy raiser.  There were other reasons I chose GDB initially, but
they aren't important here.  However, if I was going to change schools, the
things that would be most crucial for me would be good follow up services
and puppy raiser contact.  There are some other things, but those are based
around the fact that I have other disabilities, so need special
considerations in my dog and my training experience.

So, look at what is available from the various schools and write a list for
yourself of what is important to you.  Not everything will matter to you.
Then maybe find the school or schools that best fit your needs.  It's ok to
apply to more than one.  I used to work at GDB in admissions, and many
applicants applied to two or more schools.

Sherry