[nagdu] Guide dog Schools

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:44:34 UTC 2011

Hi Brianna.

I applied to Guiding Eyes for the Blind and The Seeing Eye.  It was
then only a matter of who got back to me quicker.  guiding Eyes did,
so I went there.  I don't think this meant there was anything wrong
with Seeing Eye, I think that Guiding Eyes was just ready for me
sooner.  I don't know.  If you like those two schools, apply to them
both.  I've heard that Seeing Eye is more hesitant to take people who
have some vision left.  I'm sure people on this list can varify
whether or not this is true.

Oh, and thank you Cindy!  That banquit was something else, amazing!
Being a scollarship winner is an experience I will never forget.  I
don't think I've ever had a busier week.  I do have to say though that
I was so grateful for my dog this week.  She is so solid and
dependable when I am stressed.  I'm amazed every time we go to
convention together.