[nagdu] Man sentenced to probation, restitution for dog attack in Rochester, MN

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 15 18:16:01 UTC 2011

OMG! How awful. But it is really great to hear a report on the
consequences and the punishment of the human responsible that also
points out the criminal aspects of his failure to control the dog under
his care. Good grief! So at least there was a mentary restitution for
the cost to the handler for a new dog, but... Well, there's not enough
money in the world to pay restitution for having one's service dog
attacked and killed right there beside your wheelchair. Still, Some
damage award for that would at least give a feeling that there might be
some justice somewhere, I would think. And maybe get the point across to
others that just standing around letting your dog maul a service dog
(especially a poodle!) might turn out badly for you. Grr! Argh!

Sounds like the $10k restitution is going to be matter of blood from a
turnip. But perhaps the report itself will give others cause to think
before choosing to be irresponsible when they have a large dog out in
public. Sigh.

Tami