[nagdu] First Time Guide Dog User

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 04:23:46 UTC 2011

Hello Gloria,

First, welcome to this list. There are many knowledgeable individuals
who will help you out and give you probably more than I will. Feel free
to contact me off list if you wish if you have any further questions as
well if you don't want to post questions to this list at
nimerjaber1 at gmail.com

Now to your question: I did not go to Oregon. But I got my first dog two
years ago, and I'm sure the experience for you will be similar. When
you're there, project confidence. If you're nervous, scared, or whatever
then your dog will mirror your feelings. The calmer you are, the calmer
your dog will be. Take the time to learn as much as you can, and ask as
many questions to insure that you get the most out of your training as
possible. Pay attention to the lectures, and follow what they tell you
to do. The staff at GDB know what they're talking about, and they will
teach you what you need to know. And I'm not sure if you've flown
before, but show up to the air port early, check out the baggage
policies for your airline, don't bring prohibited items through
security, and stay relaxed. You'll be fine.

OK, that's about all for my little ramble, I'm sure someone else will
have more.

Thanks.