[nagdu] Ooops! Re: First Time Guide Dog User

Gloria G gloria.graves at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 18:15:17 UTC 2011

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows why guides are placed on your left side? I
assumed because most people are right handed and placing the guide on your
left allowed your domonant hand to be free. I was just taking a whild guess,
but what about the people who are left handed? I am sure it is a bit
difficult for them. Also is it pretty common for guides not to like sitting
under tables or lying next to chairs? I have also heard there are toys that
are better for guides than others. Does anyone knowif this is the case and
why? I also thought it was neat that some people have poodles for guides. I
must say I never pictured a poodle making a good guide. Thanks
Gloria