[nagdu] Re Guide Dog Forced to Ride in Trunk

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 24 00:54:31 UTC 2011

Hi, Brenda,
I remember when attending a couple of guide dog schools and not hearing one
word or thing mentioned about if being asked by a cab driver to put the dog
in a trunk of the car.
Thankfully, I've not had any experiences with that and hopefully with my
fourth guide, that won't happen either.
I know many people here won't agree with what I'm about to say here, but
here it goes...
There were times I'd just go ahead and let the cab company know that I have
a guide dog and it did help and minimize a possible problem.
In the same aspect, I'd get a cab quickly too.
I only would do this during stressful situations to avoid getting frustrated
around Odie.
He is one sensitive boy who would pick up on my anxiety rather quickly.
If I knew where that dog handler was living here in Colorado, I'd gladly
help her out or at least be willing to give her some encouragement and
advice on dealing with situations like that.
unfortunately, I have no idea if she lives in Denver or another city close
by to me.
If someone told me to put Odie in the trunk, I'd happily say right on tthe
spot, "Would you like it if I just rolled you up and stuck you in that
area?"
I know. I'm a tough person when it comes to stuff like that.
*Smiles*
Bibi and Odie
the retired one