[nagdu] Exercising with Your Dog

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Jul 25 15:23:59 UTC 2011

Hi Abigail.
I have taken my dog with me when swimming at an indoor pool.  I tied him
to a large table several feet from the pool, and he was fine.  He does not
really care if other people pet him, so I wasn't worried about that. I
would not tie him to a chair, in case he got excited and dragged it in to
the water and drowned.
I had a classmate who swam regularly at the Y.  I think he was going to
leave his dog with someone at the desk while he swam.
I recently went to an outdoor pool, where I did not bring my dog, mainly
because I didn't know how much shade there would be.  Also, it's a less
controlled environment than inside.  Some fool could untie him, for
instance.
HTH.
Tracy