[nagdu] extremely basic guide dog questions...

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 27 05:35:03 UTC 2011

Also, in some apartment situations, they can come in very handy...
Especially if you have the flu and don't want to ooze down the stairs
and along the sidewalk to take your dog out. /lol/ That was my
inspiration for getting one.  I didin't manage to get the dog trained to
it, since she refused to go while wearing the thing, and I began to
worry about her health. /lol/ Stubborn critter. She didn't mind wearing
it and would dash and play around the house with the plastic grocery bag
crackling behind her. Fortunately, I did not again have the flue until I
was living in a place with a back yard and another human to let her out.
Or at least to help haul me to the door to let her out before she would
go out for anyone but me.  Silly critter. /smile/

So there are a number of situations and times when they can come in
handy. For now, I keep mine in case of old age issues for Daisy or,
later, for Mitzi.  And I can see how it might come in a handy thing to
have in some travel situations.  So not a useless item even if you don't
use it all the time in your normal life.