[nagdu] dogs with transportation

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 31 20:41:22 UTC 2011

Rox,

Love it! I've strongly considered taking that approach when I'm planning
to go to some new venue and want to review my just in case strategy. So
far, I haven't had the chance to try it out. /lol/ Now that I know how
it's really done and that it works, I'm more in favor of having *them*
go read the law. Well, I have had some success explaining it myself,
although once someone has decided they know the law about your dog,
they're not inclined to believe what some blind person says on the
subject since the blind person is just trying to sneak that scurvy cur
in somewhere it doesn't belong... Every now and then, u run across
someone who is simply genuinely confused or has been misinformed int he
past. Still,, I've been thinking that instead of going through all the
extended arguments and posturing and what not with the sort that is
determined to take charge of my little black dog and me that I want to
try loudly asking if the barrier to my legal access will please look up
the law for me and read it to me. Not that loudly, you understand, but
more loudly and with more vocal support for carrying the question to
whoever might be around listening to put the pressure on the person who
is trying to get away with breaking the law. If information won't
educate them, perhaps negative reinforcement will? /smile/ Also, I think
it's important to make it very clear that the hold up because of the
blind person with the guide dog is being caused by someone other than
the blind person with the guide dog. Communication *is* key to raising
public awareness. Plus, I'm just obnoxious and think it would be fun to
try. /evil grin/

Tami