[nagdu] Service Dog Forced To Ride In Taxi Trunk

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 7 22:43:50 UTC 2011

Yeah.  Plus, with people you know who would ask such a thing in the first
place, you have a pretty good idea how long and exhausting the argument is
going to be...  Especially when they pull the control game after they're
driven you to someplace you will now need to get home from...  I caved once
to that game before I was a guide dog user, so my dog wasn't involved.  But
I'm still mad at myself for caving to the "do what I tell you or I will
leave you here" crap that I've decided never again.  It was something really
petty in that case, but still!  I shoulda just shrugged and said go on, then
and taken a cab home whether I could afford it or not.  Oh, well.

I've lucked out when it comes to my dog, because DD will leave me in the car
before he would leave her.  /lol/  The flip side is that he gets so
overprotective of both of us I have to keep reminding him to just let Mitzi
do her job.  I'm also starting to soften him up on the idea that he needs to
show approval while he's watching her every step.  I'm not going to get him
to stop watching, especially in parking lots, where I especially don't want
him worrying her by worrying visibly at the two of us, so...  I'm going to
try to teach him to smile cheerily while he frets!

We'll see how that goes...

Tami Smith-Kinney