[nagdu] Service Dog Forced To Ride In Taxi Trunk

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 18:41:53 UTC 2011

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  As truly judgmental as I *feel* about
the whole situation as described, I can't help wondering how much the habit
of caving in to unreasonable demands just to get what she needs has been
reinforced in this woman.  Guess I've been around the block enough times
myself and have learned too much about how aggressively the "slave
mentality" is beaten into people -- sometimes literally! -- to be unable to
start to get it.  Which always worries me about myself.  I believe I can say
with certainty that I would *never* go along with simething like that...
It's the fact that when I pull out my empathy and attempt to put myself in
her shoes I really have to wonder if I could be strong enough that frightens
me.

I'm also shocked to realize how many people have had to stand up against
that same bizarre proposal.  Well, at least if/when I come up against it,
I'm now forewarned and won't have to deal with being stunned that anyone
would even *think* such a thing in the first place...  What is wrong with
some people?  Just when I think I've heard it all...

I agree totally with whomever suggested putting the cabby in the trunk and
letting the dog do the driving!  Actually, my first thought was of putting
him in the trunk (in my imagination, I have the muscles to do that!) and
grabbing the keys so that *I* could do the driving.  /evil grin/

Tami Smith-Kinney