[nagdu] Issue with guide dog in training and puppy raiser at hotel in GA

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Mon Jun 13 10:12:36 UTC 2011

Sheila,
There are some hotels that are *pet friendly* and do not charge, while
others do, while still others will not allow pets at all.  However, any
hotel/motel, as a place of public accommodation cannot charge a person using
a service dog of any type.  In fact, when my girlfriend and I were booking
our hotel reservations for a Service Dog symposium our WAGDU division was
hosting last fall, we were told that we had to pay a pet fee...my response,
this is exactly why we need to have symposiums like this.  Believe me, it
was not an issue after that.

Steve