[nagdu] Issue with guide dog in training and puppy raiser athotel in GA

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:44:21 UTC 2011

I started by speaking to Beverly Hunter at the GA office this morning, the person I am talking with is a puppy raiser with GDF in GA, she stayed at Scottish Inn in Metter, GA.  Dog was allowed in, but when she got bill the hotel charged her $10.00 for the dog, she said that the dog, who by the way had its vest on, said this is a guide dog in training, would you charge a person who is blind for there guide dog and they said yes.

I call this morning prior to calling Beverly at the GA office and I started out by saying I am a travel agent here in NY, would there be a corporate office to contact, since I had learned there are a few scottish inns on the eastern part of the US, he was foreign as well, not sure, he said just owner, no corporate, I said may I speak to the owner, because being a travel professional I was trying to get foot in the door to find out who was in charge.

He said he was the boss, and then I had started talking about this person who stayed at the hotel, she gave me her name and reservation number and I said that it is against ADA to charge for a Service Animal at a hotel, and he hung up on me.

So I am in the middle of finding out if they are a franchise or not by calling some of the other locations and finding out myself, and then if that is the case calling the Corporate office and informing them of this act.

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!

Cheryl Echevarria
http://www.echevarriatravel.com<http://www.echevarriatravel.com/>
631-456-5394
reservations at echevarriatravel.com<mailto:reservations at echevarriatravel.com>

Affiliated as an Independent Contractor with Absolute Cruise & Travel, Inc.