[nagdu] . Couple face their own challengesby giving comfort tohospice patients.

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Jun 14 13:59:32 UTC 2011

Hi, Ally,
When I've had to visit friends in the hospital, I offten allowed them to
interact with Odie when he was in work mode in his guide dog gear.
I would walk him up to the paitient bed so that way, my friends would be
able to give him a pat on the head and scratch behind his ears.
It helpped them forget about why they were there and made their day really
bright.
When my husband Dale had to be admitted two years ago in the hospital for
pneumonia in his lungs, Odie and I would visit him daily and actually stayed
a couple of nights with him too.
If we could, both Odie and I would gladly do it all over again not just for
my husband/his daddy, but for other friends too.
Bibi, husband Dale, retired Pilot Dogs
guide dog/medical alert service dog son Odie
and hopefully new four-legged furry mystery soon to be guide dog