[nagdu] conventions and dogs and Father's Day

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 17:46:14 UTC 2011

Cheryl,

I remember that there was some discussion of having a dedicated play
area for the dogs a couple (few?) years back...  I know for Mitzi poodle
this would have been a big help, and would be a big help next time I get
to convention.  Part of the strategy in the back of my mind is to
arrange play dates with people beforehand.  And have a cell phone so I
can keep in touch with people I have plans with!  /lol/  It wasn't until
I got home and had a chance to observe that I clued in to the fact that
the snarky thing she was doing that was such a disruption was actually
an invitation to play...  Works better at the dog park than at a
convention where the dogs are in harness and working.

Anyway, I won't be there this year, but I definitely agree with you that
having a play/social area for the dogs to just be dogs would be a big
help for many.  By which I mean me and mine, which is all that counts,
right?  /evil grin/