[nagdu] DIFFERENT TYPES OF DOGS

Ally Matt ally.matt0 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:28:35 UTC 2011

Hello All,
I definitely agree that it's not so much the breed of dog as it is the
match. When I went to get my first dog, I requested a golden retriever, and
I got one. However, he was not a good fit for me, so I ended up with a yello
lab, and he was an absolutely perfect first dog for me. He was really easy
going, and I was in college and living in a dorm at the time. He handled the
dorm life well. Now, Allstar, the dog I have now is a completely different
story. He is also a yello lab, but he is highly athletic, high energy, and
rambunctious, so he would likely would have been more difficult for me to
handle as my first dog and when trying to live in a dorm for a year. Now, I
love his energy, and it has been fun to see how far I have to walk to tire
him out, at least 4 miles, but initially he would have been tough. I have
actually thought I would like to try different breeds like a shepard and
retriever to get a sense of differences with a lab.

Ally