[nagdu] Cloning

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jun 24 14:18:15 UTC 2011

I heard a story about cloning on NPR a few weeks ago.  A police department
tried cloning a police dog with a really super nose and other great
characteristics.  The clones noses were just so-so, not the same as the
original.  I thought that was interesting.
I've sometimes wished I could clone one of my dogs.  But it might still
not be the same.  And I'd miss getting to know the wonderful uniqueness of
the next dog.  Vive la difference! It is in the natural order of things to
have to let go of the old and embrace the new.
Tracy