[nagdu] The NFB's position on dogs

Jeffrey Young jeff.young8806 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 19:35:54 UTC 2011

Hey guys this is in response to some previous discussions about the NFB's unfortunate policy of not leaving a guide dog alone in a room.

The NFB is an organization made up of thousands of members. A good chunk of these members are dog users. Their are also lots of cane users. Many of the cane users have absolutely know problem with guidedogs. Their are some who for whatever reason dissapprove of our use of dogs. This does not mean that the organization as a whole is anti dog. Keep in mind that their are some dog users who think that using the cane is like being struck by lightning.

My maine point is, don't let a few members of the NFB drive you away when the majority of us happily support the guidedog movement.

Jeff and Hansel