[nagdu] Do you ever get angry with your dogs and howtocontroleit?

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 13:22:30 UTC 2011

You know just yesterday I was leaving a coffee shop with friends and Monty
refused to go forward.  He does this sometimes and it aggravates me to no
end.  Usually it is because there is something that he feels requires
caution about half a block ahead.   All I need to do is take the leash in my
right hand, gesture forward with it and give him a bit of encouragement.
The entire event from stopping to going again occurs in about a second and a
half.   Yesterday though, someone passing says, "oh, he's in training."
That really aggravates me.  It's like he's supposed to be perfect every.
single. second.  And honestly I don't consider stopping a mistake, it's just
being overly cautious

I walked to the end of the block with my friends.  Monty stopped at the
curb.  I told him to turn left so we could line up with where we needed to
cross.  One of the friends says, "he didn't turn."  Like that was a mistake.
He isn't supposed to turn.  He does sometimes if it's a very familiar route,
but I don't expect it.  Still it aggravates me that we are constantly judged
and found lacking.

Both very small things and not worth my energy.  I know, but I do think that
sometimes it's good to vent.  It keeps me sane and it helps others know they
are perfectly normal for getting irritated too. *smile*

Julie