[nagdu] [Blindtlk] Minnesota Law.

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Mar 8 18:55:53 UTC 2011

Mary,

Our state president here in Minnesota, Jennifer Dunnam, has contacted Marion to try to find out exactly what is rumored to be proposed.  As you might
expect, we new about and supported the law you found from last year.  While I have heard a vague rumor that something may be proposed at the city level,
I have not heard anything specific.  We would certainly oppose such a move, though.  Both the ADA and even our state laws would conflict with such a
move.  Even though the law you found from last year strengthened our laws, protection for guid dogs has been long established in Minnesota and was a
part of "white cane" legislation passed here in the early 70's.

Byall means, if someone hears of a move, please let Jennifer or me know.  Contact information is on our web site at

http://www.nfbmn.org

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson