[nagdu] question about raising a pet puppy

Lisa Irving lirving1234 at cox.net
Tue Mar 22 02:45:46 UTC 2011

About six  years ago we raised a wonderful pet. We took him to what I call,
Puppy Head Start. Actually, it was a great dog obedience class geared for
very young dogs; 4 or so  months. Pet Smart sponsored the class. Even though
it was a more on the expensive side, it was well worth it. The class was
limited to probably ten students.We practiced what we learned. Being a guide
dog handler made me a better pet owner. Our very adorable and very smart pet
caught on quickly to basic commands.

I also suggest that the parents do some research about involving the kids.
Trust me, telling them to help, or inviting them to be a part of the
experience works when they "feel" like it. It really has to be a family
buy-in. That's much easier said than done.

Lisa and Bernie .

able