[nagdu] Inquiry From New List Member

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Mon Mar 28 15:54:12 UTC 2011

Cindy Ray gave good advice. When training with a new dog be sure to ask for
a "low energy" dog who will patiently lie under your desk as you teach. I am
now fully retired, at age 75, but I taught physics and astronomy at a small
liberal arts college when I first lost my sight at the age of 35. After 15
weeks of rehab at the Carroll Center, long before there were NFB centers, I
went to Seeing Eye and resumed teaching in September. They knew what my job
was, and all of my dogs have been low energy. I did always put his leash
around a desk leg just to be sure he wouldn't be tempted towander, but in
general he was very satisfied to be under my desk. Ed Meskys