[nagdu] stress and nervousness

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu May 5 00:48:26 UTC 2011

Some thoughts that came to me randomly...

find some really tasty treats or a toy that she really, really likes then
take them along when you can plan an afternoon when you have nothing else to
do but go to the school and have fun

call up all your friends with well behaved dogs and plan a doggie party.  If
possible get the well behaved dogs in an area where she has been nervous
from the other dog.

heel her and use a cane to let her experience the situation without the
added stress of guiding

find a spot to sit near where she is nervous, hang out there for a good bit
until she shows signs of being calm

Try feeding her in a very quiet place that she feels safe in...the bathroom
or a bedroom or her crate.

dogs are funny sometimes.  Monty was doing this thing where he'd stop for no
apparent reason.  I finally figured out if I hold the leash in my right hand
he wouldn't do it.  I have absolutely no idea why though.  Gradually I put
the leash back in my left hand for longer and longer until it's always
there.  Very weird.

Best of luck,
Julie