[nagdu] Hiking

Jeffrey Young jeff.young8806 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 03:09:45 UTC 2011

I've heard that blind people go hiking with their dogs quite often. I'm wondering how much hiking? Do they go on overnight trips? Do people take their dogs even on very rough terain?

I'm planning on doing some backpacking this summer, and I don't know how much I should rely on Hansel. I use to do some pretty serious hiking in boy scouts, but then I used the cane as a walking stick and held on to a person's pack. Also, should I have the dog where booties because of possible sharp rocks and whatnot?
Sorry for such a loaded email.

Thanks

Jeff and Hansel