[nagdu] Guide dogs and medical facilities.

PICKRELL, REBECCA M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Mon May 23 16:27:55 UTC 2011

Even if you and/or your dog are new at medical stuff being done, the dog still gets to be there.
I credit my dog for saving me from what could have been a bad fall during an ultra sound when I was pregnant. I was sitting on the table and the tech told me to lean back.The problem was that I was not lengthwise on the table. I started to lean back, and Jersey nudged me as if to say "You probably don't want to do that". I was able to stop myself and realized that had  I leaned back, I'd have fallen off the table, possibly injuring myself or my daughter.
Moral of the story: When you tell somebody to do something, it's a real good idea to make sure you have a shared point of reference and that you both know what that is.