[nagdu] Who are guide dog users?

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Mon May 23 16:42:11 UTC 2011

Rebecca,
You are doing it the smart way. You don't want to make room in your life for
a dog right now.  that is just as valid a reason as the folks who don't have
dogs due to health reasons and there's no reason for you to feel guilty or
bad for your own life choices.

I'd much rather see someone not have a dog if it's not the thing for them
than to have one and not work or care for it properly - which I have seen
around here at times.

My sister does not want a dog and people always ask her why not because they
see me with a dog.  I have told her and others that having a guide dog is a
very personal thing.  That's why the guide dog schools interview the
prospective student alone to determine that the person has decided that a
guide dog is right for them or not and not the person complying with the
wishes of a family member.

Stay true to yourself and do what YOU feel that is best for yourself.  Glad
you are on the list and contribute.

Lyn and Landon