[nagdu] How well does the Kapten work was Leader's Kapten Plus Event

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Wed May 25 19:34:38 UTC 2011

I find the Kapten plus works fine for me.  It occasionally locks up when
you try to do too much too fast.  Then you have to reset it.  I always
check my battery level before leaving the house.  When walking, I like
to touch the "where am I' button occasionally if I haven't heard
anything out of the device which occurs if I'm walking down a long
street with no side streets for it to announce.  I have a friend who
also received the Kapten at the AMP class.  this person lives where
there are more mountains. She has had some difficulty with it not
reading the correct streets.  She has had a local mobility instructor
look at it and he had the same problem.  I think she is in a whole where
signals get confused.

The AMP class was just what I needed.  I feel so much better walking
around especially crossing busy streets.  For me the concentrated
practice was very helpful.  Brenda