[nagdu] Leader's accelerated mobility program

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Thu May 26 03:41:06 UTC 2011

Brenda, I use a roller tip on my cane. I move fairly fast with a motorized
wheelchair and my cane would constantly catch in cracks and hit me in the
stomach or chest.When I switched to the roller tip, I could tap or roll it
and it did not catch.I definitely prefer using my dog though.I still have
some usable vision and have learned to rely on the dog or cane without using
my sight, as I will eventually loose what sight I have.It does take practice
but it is doable. Good luck, and glad you were able to get the help you
needed. I do agree with you about the low vision folks being left out and
not being given the training that would make life so much easier. Have a
great day,  Mardi and Shaman and Nala,retired.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/