[nagdu] Leader's accelerated mobility program

Brenda bjnite at windstream.net
Thu May 26 13:38:42 UTC 2011

I can't speak for all low vision people, but I have always felt like a
second class citizen around blind people often due to the treatment of
the sighted people involved.  It is often just easier to live in the
sighted world.  I think the Kapten is the most wonderful thing and could
be a bridge for low vision people to get further involved with
strategies that will help them.  Although I would have turned down a lot
of suggestions including a cane as a high partial, if someone had
offered me the kapten I would have jumped on it.

Brenda