[nagdu] Biology classes and guide dogs

Marsha Drenth marsha.drenth at gmail.com
Fri May 27 13:51:51 UTC 2011

Hi Listers,

I am posting to both NABS and NAGDU because the topics are relevant to both
lists. Sorry if your getting this twice.

In the fall, I will be taking Biology. The college requires that I sign an
agreement that I will be safe at all times. On the agreement is that I will
not wear any open toe shoes and there will be no pets in the class room.
Now. Now. Before any one jumps on me, I know a guide is not a pet. But my
guide dog will be going to campus with me and going to this class.

How, what can I do to make Emma safer during this class? How or what can I
do or say to make the college feel safer about my guide being in the
classroom? What have other students done about this? I know some of you out
there who are dog users have taken biology. I would like some tips and
tricks here.

Thank you,

marsha