[nagdu] boredom on routine routes

Robert Martin robert.martin at cfu.net
Sun May 29 16:23:04 UTC 2011

Hi Em,

Here's one of the items I was going to send.  We've talked about boredom on
the part of dogs once or twice and I thought this was interesting.   I was
reminded a little of Gretchen but in her case she just apparently isn't
enthusiastic about walking.  This dog apparently just doesn't like going to
work since it's fine walking other places.   I wonder if it's the routine of
the route the dog find boring or if it's just boring at work and the dog
isn't interested in going there.   The person on the list who submitted this
got several suggestions but nobody knew exactly how to resolve the problem.
It's apparently not  a unique problem.  It probably does say something quite
positive about the intelligence or personality of the dog.

Bob