[nagdu] progress!

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Nov 1 16:18:56 UTC 2011

Hello all!

Yesterday for the first time in over three months I was able to work
Monty outdoors.  It was just in front of my house and only for a few
minutes.  Still it is progress and for that I am grateful.

I am working with him on my right in the mobility harness.  I need to
use a crutch on my left side for weight support.  I put a small bit of
weight on Monty, but mainly have him for balance assistance.

He's a bit confused about working on the right, since I have always
worked him on my left.  Once I get him positioned on the right and we
get going he's doing great.  He's keeping to a very slow and steady gait
for me.  For that I am exceedingly pleased.  Our previous working pace
was very fast, so I was a bit nervous about the dramatic change.

He took the two steps up to the porch one at a time and waited for me to
give the go ahead before he moved up.  I had been working with him and
the mobility harness inside for the past few weeks.  However steps were
something I could not practice, but the concept seems to have
generalized to them.  I hope things continue to go this smoothly as we
both learn together over the next few months.

Julie