[nagdu] have some sad news

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 08:33:09 UTC 2011

hi, all,
Although this may not be guide dog related, but some can understand or
relate to this message.
When I wrote about stories of Odie alerting to someone or friends becoming
ill which he did a few times when it came to my friend, Betty Hudgeons, this
message will tell how not only did Dale and I lose a good friend.
Odie also lost a good friend too as he loved my friend Betty to pieces.
She loved him deeply and was always happy to see him.
Odie is the same dog who would try to bate my friend Betty into petting him.
Last Tuesday however, Odie started behaving  strangely and wouldn't lie
still or calm down.
He repeatedly paced around the apartment.
Only he could feel and sense that something was medically wrong with Betty
upon feeling that she was going to have a heart attack the following day.
When Dale, Odie and I arrived, he immediately smelled the bed, knowing that
there wasn't much time left for Betty hudgeons to live.
After our good friend had crossed over the rainbow bridge, I was able to
lift Odie's two front paws up on to the bed in ICU so he could say his final
farewell to his good friend.
It definitely went further to show how much Odie also cared a lot about
Betty hudgeons and she always like him being around her, enjoying the
company and companionship, regardless of whether he was my guide dog, now
medical alert service dog or not.
She continuously felt that love and comfort from him directly.
On days when she had it rough or just wasn't feeling herself, Odie always
would find a way to make her laugh and be happy.
I'll say this before anyone comments about my message.
If you'd rather not read it and you don't have any interest, then feel free
to delete it without incident.
Just my thoughts.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 11:12 PM
Subject: have some sad news
Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
Last night just as Dale and I were fixing to settle down for the night and
go to bed, we received any urgent call from Denver Health Medical in regards
to our friend, Betty Hudgeons.
They needed us to come down immediately.
So, I had to get Odie ready to go.
I didn't really have any time to throw actual clothing on, so in my pajamas,
snow pants, heavy thick jacket and all, I was ready to quickly leave.
The story all unfolds on Wednesday, October 26, 2011 around 11:30 AM.
I didn't have a chance that much to post anything on her especially when she
experienced a heart attack and had to call 9 1 1 for help.
Last Thursday, I took Odie with me to the hospital to visit Betty and she
was so happy and overjoyed to see Odie and I.Odie was certainly happy too.
The doctors and many of us were hoping that she'd get better ad it seemed
things were looking up.
A couple days later however, her body turned toward the worst.
When the dreaded call came in, I asked Dale if he'd go with me over to
denver Health Medical as I didn't feel comfortable being alone, especially
near Spear Boulevard close to a creek.
Dale and I arrived at the hospital somewhat after eleven o'clock and I along
with the doctor were desperately trying to get a hold of her family and
thankfully, her brother was another one of her contacts.
He was able to contact everyone on his cel phone while on his way to the
hospital.
Later on, a chaprin named Merritt came upstairs to talk with us and give us
some much needed help.
Once 2:00 AM came around, the decision was made that we pull the plug and
let Betty Lou Hudgeons peacefully cross over the rainbow bridge where she
would happily be in heaven.
Around 2:33 AM, she took her last breath, closed her eyes and was physically
gone.
Although Betty Lou Hudgeons was a big support of me here at Sunset Park and
a good, best friend, I'll still have the good memories of times we had fun
together and hearing many good stories too.
Yes, I did have lots of tears to shed and have cried off and on for part of
the day.
I couldn't just stay at home and morn her loss upon feeling more hurt and
pain since it felt like I had a brick thrown at me.
Instead, I went to hang out with my friend Amanda and her hearing dog louie
at Good Times, then had to go catch up to Natalie and Liam.
We then went on down to Dog Savvy and after that, the adventure continued
on.
Now that I'm back at home, yes, the grieving will still happen and I know
the tears with come back.
It is going to take me six months to fully get over betty Hudgeons's loss,
but she's spiritually around in my heart.
Last Thursday before I left the hospital, I asked her that if she would end
up leaving the earth, would we'd be able to still talk to one another in my
dreams.
Her answer was yes.
I'm glad I did go to the hospital, despite that I felt as if I just wanted
to stay home.
I knew that if I hadn't gone there and found out everything later on, it
would have hurt me worse and I definitely would have been in that torn soga.
Betty Lou Hudgeons's family was greatful for Dale and I being good friends
to her and that we were able to help her out.
Betty also helpped me out with many things and activities upon lunch
downstairs.
I'm not sure if I could go back downstairs for a long time as it won't be
the same, especially in the senior center.
If you'alls could, it would kindly be gratefully appreciated that you keep
Betty lou Hudgeons's family and along with Dale and I in your thoughts and
prayers.
It would help me through the healing process.
*Smiles*