[nagdu] FW: Why good O&M training is so important

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 19:39:19 UTC 2011

I think the issues of the person's independence vs. the whether or not to have ATS are separate things, and I think it is a shame to use someone with minimal skills to show the need. The ATS should be appropriate and should be just another tool. I would like more of them myself out where I am and some other places, too, but I can function without them. In the airport I do enlist help, but now that I have a lot of time between some of my flights, I am using it to explore airports, which I am finding liberating. People will use whatever assistance they need but that, like ATS, is a tool and need not be a requirement. I hate to think of someone going off on the inconvenience of traveling around. Hope this made some sense.

Cindy