[nagdu] commands

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 5 20:37:13 UTC 2011

Marsha and Bibi,

I tend to agree on the subject of apologizing. I just don't bother in
situations like that. I say, "I was talking to my dog," and let it go at
that.

Any ongoing issues they have past that point are entirely their own and
are no concern of mine. They are being rude by bringing their personal
issues into my day. I am under no obligation to apologize to them for
their bad behavior or for personal issues they seem to have had long
before I crossed paths with them. That doesn't mean I don't remain calm
and courteous if they keep trying to throw their issues onto me. Just
that I remain firm in drawing my own boundaries and in being responsible
for my own behavior and responses, just as I am for my dog's.

When Mitzi is in floozy mode, I will apologize for her unauthorized
approach that I didn't catch in time, since it is bad manners for her to
do that, just as it would be bad manners for me to wipe my own nose on
their clothes or open hands. /lol/ I will admit that I am pretty
relieved she knows how to pick these new best friends and lovers from
those who are just dying to lov her in return. Still, she's kinda gone
into floozy mode for the past couple of weeks, and I do find myself
vaguely wishing that once, just once, she would pick out the meanest
most dog-hating human in the crowd. /lol/ Well, I've gotten out of my
bad habit of assuming she isn't out on her own working the crowds while
I'm trying to have a conversation, so that works wonders for keeping
things within reasonable limits. . Whew Just when you thought it was
safe... /grin/

Marsha, I will add that we each have to figure out how best to handle
these minor public conflicts we didn't actually start, according to what
works best for us and how we b elieve we should respond to other people
in our environmen at any given time. Whatworks for me is what works for
me. and is what I am comfortable with. If something in my approach and
attitude is useful to you in working out how you want to decide your
own, so much the better. /smile/

Good luck, and let us know if you decide to change your approach and how
that works.

Tami