[nagdu] State Convention

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 02:50:23 UTC 2011

Yah, this sort of appropriat for this list.  Our state convention was in Kalamazoo last weekend.  Three members from our chapter went to Kalamazoo by train.  While there I introduced the idea of forming a guide dog division like many of y'all have in New York for instancee.  I may very well have enough interest as well!  But, that is not what this is about!  My 2 friends are cane users so I sort of wondered what it might be like to work cane and dog together as a team.  Not me with a cane in my hand and also a dog but using what the dog knows in tandem with what can be found with the cane.  It was pretty fun!  I would have the cane folks find which driveway we were supposed to go up and then I would have them follow me when I told Holly to find in! They did the shore lining and I did the door finding.  Also, when I was in front I could tell them when something was coming up and which way to veer so they didn't bang it.  Using both skills in a group was really interesting and neat!
Intelligence is always claimed but rarely proven!