[nagdu] State Convention

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 9 15:47:39 UTC 2011

Larry,

Experience has taught me that the really big advantage of using a guide
dog is that you can get more lost much faster than you can with a cane.
/lol/ Then you get to try to find your way back with your dog loudly
proclaiming you to be a big dummy all the way. This, I am told, gives me
dignity.

Mitzi does not appreciate having to put up with my getting us lost. She
appreciates even less all the back and forth and huffing and puffing as
I desperately try to figure out where I am and how to get back to where
I went wrong in the first place. Cramps her style, don't you know. She
has better things to do with her working time than going around in
circles and backtracking and then sidetracking then backtracking the
sidetrack...

She became really good really fast at picking out landmarks and names of
things I would mutter under my breath about wanting to find and picking
routes to get there, then arguing with me when I would insist that I am
the boss so I get to decide which way to turn... When we would finally
make it back to that point she was very good at saying "I told you so!"
And she would be very happy that by that time, I was so tired and turned
around that I would just go along with her decision and end up exactly
where I had wanted to be even if the only safe route was out of the way
and counter intuitive. So now, when Mitzi gives me a hint while I'm
trying to figure out which way to go, I consider that option first as
the most likely one to get me where I'm going. /lol/

The fact that my dog is very obviously much smarter than I am also gives
me dignity. Not! /lol/

Tami