[nagdu] a blind consumer's Right to Choose rehab training (federalregs)

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 10 17:07:19 UTC 2011

Hi, Lorraine,
Lots of times, it also depends on an individual trying to make the best out
of things for themselves.
Many people may think that the training centers are bad, but truth falls on
each individual toward the end of whether they choose to try to take things
seriously or if they don't show that initiative.
A friend of mine who I was in the summer program here at the Colorado Center
for the Blind.
A friend of hers ended up going blind because of something careless him and
the roommate did to one another.
The individual is only getting a certificate, more due to the fact he
doesn't have a good outcome and hasn't show he's taking things seriously in
life.
The individual desplays that "know it all" attitude, but he won't try to do
things for himself and show the poor blind me problem.
I stressed a lot while attending the training center, but made it through.
I wanted a guide dog, but waited everything out until I had completely
finished up with training.
At the Denver Vocational Rehabilitation office, I had a great mobility
instructor who took her time with me and always seemed impressed with how
well Odie and I communicated as a guide dog team.
This same instructor always took her time explaining things to me and wanted
me to do things step by step to avoid frustration.
I'm now having to do refresher with O&M again, but my hopes are I end up
having the instructor I had during my brush up before.
Now that the hurdle I've dealt with for a couple of months has been dealt
with, I can look into getting my next successor guide dog.
Just my thoughts here.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf