[nagdu] Question for Pilot dog handlers

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 23:15:44 UTC 2011

Hi, Brenda and all,
Yes, the rooms are double occupancy at Pilot, two individuals per a room.
However, you can request to have a room to yourslef, but only if the space
is available.
If I remember correctly because there is an est wing and west wing stating
two dormitory hallways, there's probably a total of eighteen student rooms.
As for the web site, reason why you didn't find anything else is because the
web site is outtdated.
The original instructor who created the web site had left and transfered to
another guide dog school from what a Pilot graduate told me seven or eight
years ago.
No one has been able to figure out how to be able to get into the web site
to update it.
If anyone is interested, you can email Jay Gray, executive director at:
jgray at pilotdogs.org
or Ray Byers, director of traing at:
rbyers at pilotdogs.org
I'm sure one day, they may look into doing private room settings, but it
will take a lot of donations so renevation would be able to happen.
As for the cost of training a dogk, I'd imagine it's around $10000.00 to
$20000.00.
The cost definitely goes up each year for all the guide dog schools I
suspect and I'm sure they do get some private donations on top of being
sponsored by the Lions Club.
hope I was able to answer any questions and if anyone has more, feel free to
ask away.
There's no such thing as a bad or crazy question.
Bibi and Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf